“But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.” –Jeremiah 29:7
Inspired by God’s words to the exiles in Babylon through the prophet Jeremiah, Church at Charlotte’s Elders have established a fund that focuses on engaging our congregation to seek the welfare of the city of Charlotte.
The Jeremiah Fund will initially be funded with $125,000 from the Elder Board. These funds are available because of the generosity of the CAC congregation and the surplus created as CAC ministries finished the 2013-2014 fiscal year under budget.
Grants will be distributed through CAC members to local non-profit organizations they actively serve. Grants will be awarded for $750 to these organizations if certain criteria are met.
Jeremiah Fund Criteria
- Applicant must be a Church at Charlotte member who is actively serving* as a volunteer in the focus organization.
- The CAC member must fully complete an online application that includes a description of the organization and how the member has been personally involved.
- The organization must be a local, registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is morally positive and spiritually neutral or Christian faith-based that seeks the flourishing of the Charlotte metro area.
- The organization must not be political in nature.
- The CAC member must be willing to personally deliver the grant funds.